One of the most important parts of a road trip is the music you’re listening to. It sets the mood, keeps you awake, or accentuates the beauty around you. As Patricia and I were driving through the night from DC to Corning, NY our playlist consisted of:
- Patty Griffin – Her voice soothes and her lyrics give you much to contemplate while driving.
- B.O.B. – That’s right. You’ve got to get those beats bumpin’ when you feel yourself drifting off. Nothing like a midnight dance party in your seats.
- Katie Herzig- Her ambient arrangements and haunting voice give you chills and make you feel alive.
- Adele – Nothing like singing “Someone Like You” at the top of your lungs. Hey, no one’s watching.
- Coldplay- Come on. Perfect for the road at night. Relaxing, yet epic, just like this journey.
Oh, and did I mention we found the Oprah station on our Honda’s XM radio? Oh yeah…
What are your favorite tunes to listen to while driving at night?