Flu season—it’s upon us. And if there’s a sick member of your family, you’ve probably spent a lot of time Lysoling all the doorknobs and handles in your home. But don’t forget about cleaning your car! It’s another place where germs can live and be passed on. Here are some simple tips for keeping your car clean during flu season or before a trip:
- Think about what you touch when you are in your car. Door handles, keys, stick shift, glove compartment, interior trim. All of those things should be cleaned with a car-interior cleaner.
- Spray the car-interior cleaner onto a cloth and wipe the length of the dashboard gently.
- Using standard window cleaner, wipe down all windows and mirrors inside and out with a dry cloth.
- Throw away any garbage, and consider putting a plastic bag in your car for tissues and other waste.
- Keep a hand sanitizer in each row of your vehicle. Be sure to use it after pumping gas.