A quick roundup of travel-related items:
- In appreciation of their service and dedication, all veterans and current members of the U.S. military, along with their families, will be admitted to the Grand Canyon and all other national parks free of charge on Veterans Day. To learn more about the battlefields, military parks, and other sites that will be open, visit this NPS website.
- The final batch of 2010 Winter Games tickets goes on sale Saturday morning for the events around the Vancouver area. Overall, more than 1.5 million tickets will be sold to the Games.
- Each summer, I’m wowed by just how many people come to Chicago for Lollapalooza. For next summer’s event, organizers are trying something a little different. They’re asking attendees to tell them who they’d most like to see. Voting ends the 10th.
- Confident that its hometown team will take the World Series, the Philadelphia Zoo is promising free admission, set for the day after the victory. Visitors are asked to bring an item that can be donated to nearby animal shelters.
- This collection of stills has been edited together to show one man’s journey from Denver to Singapore, complete with stops in Chicago, L.A., and Tokyo. It’s fascinating watching such a long journey be condensed to less than 5 minutes.
— Hilary Solan